The writing retreat that we organised for people who want to write applications for promotion was really a success! We finally got time to write our applications, and we also had nice discussions related to what to put in an application and not. I learned quite a lot from the discussions, and the company was really inspirational.
When asked for anonymous comments the participants wrote the following that was good about the retreat:
- Good food & nice company
- Raise awareness of what is important, but typically insufficiently emphasized.
- Good to have some interrupted time-off to work on our applications.
- To see other people’s applications and hear what others think and say
- Time to write
- More time to talk about career choices etc.
- Great tips such as leadership courses
- Time! Time! And talk during breaks.
Sigtuna Stadshotell really offered a warm and Christmas like atmosphere, and it is a place i strongly recommend for retreats of any kind.
You can find the plan for the retreat here.
After one day, there was an evaluation of the retreat, and day two of the retreat we added a walk during the lunch break to get some air. Now we are planning to meet and see to it that these great applications are sent in.