Excellent Thomas Lind will defend his PhD thesis in 2017. Thomas is one of the members of the HTO research group, and I am his main supervisor. Marta Larusdottir and Bengt Sandblad are co-supervisors.
Thomas has a background in socio-technical systems engineering, and his PhD is related to the deployment of ICT from a sociotechnical perspective.
Thomas Lind has started to wrap things up, and the preliminary title is:
A Sociotechnical Perspective on the Deployment of Information and Communications Technology
The thesis will be about deployment of ICT in organisations and it is based on his work in three different research projects:
- The Ivan project which was a collaboration with the county council in Uppsala where he worked together with Rebecca Janols and Bengt Sandblad.
- The DOME consortium where Thomas did studies on the design and deployment process used when implementing the system medical records online for patients.
- The SESSION project. The New Ladok is probably the most important information system for higher education in Sweden. The system is currently being designed and gradually rolled out in parallel and will have a significant impact on the work practices of Swedish universities. Bengt Sandblad, Åsa Cajander, Thomas Lind and Gerolf Nauwerck are working in this project that started in 2012.
Preliminary dates for Thomas Lind’s Defence:
- Final seminar: 24th of February 2017 in the afternoon (13-15). José Abdelnour Nocera is invited to discuss the first version of the thesis with Thomas.
- Preliminary date for the PhD defence: 2nd of June 2017.